Abdominal pain is usually the problem that most women face especially during menstrual period. It’s not easy to deal with for a lot suffers from uncomfortable and unusual feeling this pain gives. And during pregnancy, this also occurs. Actually, it is a normal thing to happen to a pregnant woman, but there are some rare cases where this abdominal pain leads to serious problems. So it is important to look out for the unusual symptoms to come about. But what is really the cause?
During pregnancy your body will undergo many changes. Your organs are shifting, your uterus is expanding, and ligaments are stretching. Also, the cause of abdominal pain is sometimes the morning sickness most especially during early months of pregnancy. It could as well be due to gas formation and constipation or could be because of abdominal cramps. Usually the pain triggers when physical movement is happening such as getting up in bed, chair, and bathtubs or even when coughing.
This discomforting situation could be stressing for mothers especially for the first time moms. So what are the reliefs when experiencing this during pregnancy?
- Take a rest. Sit down and place your feet higher.
- A heating pad or hot water bottle would help ease the pain.
- Keep hydrated. Drink a lot of water.
- Exercise or make movements to release gases.
- Eat foods rich in fiber.
As what was discussed above, it is necessary for you to look out for symptoms leading to serious problems or when the pain is not tolerable anymore. It’s important to determine how serious of mild, or when to call your doctor or not. So how are you going to distinguish if it’s not usual?
- The pain isn’t decreasing or not tolerable anymore even when you rested for a long period of time.
- Vaginal spotting or bleeding. Or unusual vaginal discharge.
- When the pain gets worse with physical activities.
- Discomfort when urinating.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Fever or chills.
- Experiencing headache, nausea, vomiting.
Keep all of this information in your mind. If you are first time mom or not, you should always remember that when this unusual things happens to you, it’s better to consult a medical professional or your OB-GYN. Never let risky possibilities to happen to your baby and yourself and get treated as soon as possible. Avoid complications that may lead to serious troubles.